Dec 02, 2023
The Department of Classics and Modern Languages offers an Associate of Arts degree in French and Spanish.
French/Spanish A.A. Requirements
The Department of Modern Languages offers the Associate of Arts degree in French or Spanish.
Requirments for the Associate of Arts in French or Spanish
Ths Associate of Arts degree requires a minimum of 60 credit hours including 31 credit hours of Core Curriculum Requirements and a minimum of 15 credit hours of Concentration Requirements,
Concentration Requirements: 15 hours minimum from either French or Spanish
- Up to nine additional credit hours of lower division language courses may be required as determined by the placement test.
- All courses must be taught in the foreign language to count toward the concentration.
- A 2.5 cumulative grade-point average must be attained in all concentration courses.
6 hours of language from:
6 hours of electives from:
TOTAL for A.A. DEGREE: 60 Credit Hours
Requirements for Associate Degrees in French/German/Spanish
Meeting degree requirements is the student’s responsibility.
Candidates for associate degrees must have:
- completed the appropriate requirements listed under the Core Curriculum - Associate’s Degrees;
- attained a 2.5 average in the course work of the concentration;
- attained a cumulative grade point average of 2.000;
- earned at least 60 hours;
- completed the last 30 hours at Xavier, excluding consortium courses, unless waived by college dean;
- transferred, normally, no more than 9 hours from another college or university toward a degree after matriculation at Xavier;
- filed a formal graduation application by the deadline published for each semester;
- completed all departmental requirements in the concentration field and all requirements of the college;
- cleared all financial obligations to the University before the diploma and transcripts can be released.
In addition to the above, transfer students must have:
- completed at least one-half of the course requirements of the concentration at Xavier.