May 23, 2019
Xavier’s graduate program in health care mission integration combines the study of theology with the study of health services administration. This M.A. program is designed to provide preparation for Mission Directors and others who lead their colleagues in Catholic and other Christian health services to foster and enhance the spirit of love, compassion, and service within these institutions. The program focuses on understanding the Christian tradition and embodying it midst the challenges of institutional, technological, and cultural change.
Students will study in a challenging educational environment with experts in the fields of theology and health care service administration. An internship will provide field experience. Professional seminars(non-credit) are also required.
The Master of Arts in Health Care Mission Integration requires the satisfactory completion of 36 semester hours of course work at the graduate level and an internship, and earning an overall GPA of at least 3.000.
One course in faith and culture (3 cr): e.g.:
One course in theological ethics (3 cr): e.g.:
One course in spirituality (3 cr): e.g.
- THEO 527 - Creating the Beloved
- THEO 528 - A Spirituality of Presence
Internship of 100 clock hours with a Mission Director in a Catholic or other Christian Health Care Facility. Faculty direction will be provided for the required paper for this three credit course.
Theology credit total: 21 credit hours
Health Services Administration courses:
HESA credit total: 15 credit hours
Total credit hours in the program: 36
To be considered for admission as a degree-seeking graduate student in the Health Care Mission Integration program you must submit the following:
- Completed application with application fee
- One official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate work from accredited colleges or universities
- Results of either the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Two completed recommendation forms–preferably one from someone who can address your academic or professional skills and abilities and one who can address your personal character and suitability for work in health care.
- A statement of reasons and goals for enrolling in this program (1,000-2,000 words)
- Current resume
Your application to the Xavier University graduate program in health care mission integration is carefully
reviewed by our admissions committee. We consider each student’s application on a case-by-case basis
with personal attention given to all your application materials.
Admission criteria include, but are not limited to:
- Preferred undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Preferred GRE scores of 20th percentile or higher in quantitative section and 50th percentile or higher in the verbal section. Or preferred score of 400 or more on the Millers Analogy Test (MAT).
- Review of the completed file of the applicant.
- A personal interview with Admission Committee Members.
All entering students must have passed an accounting course in an accredited college or university.
For more information, call the Director of the M.A. in Theology, at 513 745-2894 or email email@example.com.
Admissions materials should be sent to the Health Services Administration Department, 3800 Victory Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45207-7331. To contact that department, please call 513 745-3687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The department’s fax is 513 745-4301.