Mar 19, 2019
Xavier University’s theatre department combines practical experiences and professional collaborations with a rigorous curriculum. The Bachelor of Arts Degree in Musical Theatre offers students the opportunity to develop the skills necessary to be a successful musical theatre artist. The program prepares students for professional experience outside of Xavier by fostering a practical, cross-cultural and student-oriented curriculum.
56 credit hours
- THTR 100: Introduction to Theatre
- THTR 120: Acting I
- THTR 150: Stagecraft
- THTR 195: Voice and Movement Ensemble
- THTR 196: Musical Theatre Studio
- THTR 197: Voice for Theatre Majors
- THTR198: Theatre Tech. Workshop
- THTR199: Theatre Perf. Workshop
- THTR 205: Theatre History I
- THTR 206: Theatre History II
- THTR 208: Vocal Health and Wellness for Actors
- THTR 209: Hearing for the Musical Theatre Actor
- THTR 211: Script Analysis
- THTR 219: American Musical Theatre
- THTR 221: Auditions
- THTR 232: Advanced Musical Theatre
- THTR 320: Acting II
- THTR 460: Senior Musical Theatre Thesis
10 credit hours
- Jazz 2 Credits
- Tap 2 Credits
- Ballet 2 Credits
- Elective 2 Credits
- THTR 250: Alexander Technique
10 credit hours
- Participation and Attendance in Studio Class each semester
- Pass a comprehensive musical theatre exam during the spring semester of senior year.
- At least one participation in a regional audition/interview event (SETC, UPTA, etc.). Event must be approved by faculty.
- Production attendance for all shows in which not cast or holding a technical position.
- Attendance at 20 professional productions outside of Xavier, with at least eight being musical productions.
- Audition for all departmental productions, specifically musicals.
- A 3.000 cumulative average must be attained in the theatre major.
- Students are required to have regular advising meetings with their theatre department advisor.
TOTAL Minimum Hours Required for Degree: 120 Semester Hours